Certified Protection Officers are currently employed in many businesses and organizations.
Certificates of Completion
Navy COOL Applicants (Navy Personnel Only)
Recertification Guidelines and Workbook
IFPO has established guidelines for re-certification and the issuing of new certificates for CPO, CSSM, and CPOI certifications. This document also includes pricing, instructions, and an application form for recertification.
Click Here For Recertification Guidelines and to Download the Workbook
ASIS International awards re-certification credits for successful completion of the following IFPO programs:
- Certified Protection Officer (CPO)
- Certified In Security Supervision And Management Program (CSSM)
*It is not MANDATORY that an instructor be a CPOI prior to delivering the CPO program. It is recommended, as it adds to the credibility but is not essential. Please contact ASIS directly for the specific number of credits awarded.
Certified Protection Officer Program (CPO)
The Certified Protection Officer Program (CPO) program is designed for protection and security officers that are intent on improving their individual security skills.
Successful CPO’s find that the program significantly improves job performance and job enjoyment by providing a broader understanding of roles, duties and responsibilities of the security officer.
IFPO offers both online and traditional training to help candidates.
Already part of a training program; the Final Challenge may suit you.
Improve your teaching credential, become a CPO Instructor.
Are you already certified, learn the recertification requirements.
Program candidates must re-certify every two years.
- Ask about the CGSB-CPO Program, which is approved by the Canadian General Standards Board.
- Discount is available for group registrations of five or more candidates.
- ASIS International awards re-certification credits for CPO Program completion.
- We are a listed provider of the mandatory Canadian General Standards Board required training.
- IFPO Individual Members are entitled to a 10% discount.
- CPO certification is a prerequisite to acceptance into the CPOI Program.
- Paper/pencil examinations available (fee applies).
- IFPO Corporate Members are entitled to a 15% discount.