International Foundation for Protection Officers Mission Statement
Mission Statement Part I.
The International Foundation for Protection Officers provides professional learning opportunities for security practitioners, to impart the knowledge, skills, and competencies required to maximize job performance and enhance career potential.
Purpose: to make a positive difference in the quality of the participant’s job performance and elevate the professional status of students who partake of our learning opportunities.
Business: to supply committed security practitioners with a quality education to help achieve their highest potential and provide recognized accreditation for successful completion of educational goals.
Values: commitment, integrity, responsibility, and standards of excellence, provide the platform that supports our journey as we pursue our mission.
Commitment to Excellence: To be the recognized center of excellence and primary provider of education and training products and services to the security industry.
Mission Statement Part II.
“The International Foundation for Protection Officers is committed to the support and professional development of protection officers and supervisors. Through advocacy, promoting training standards, and providing accessible training, education and certification opportunities, we seek to enhance their professional standing as well as increase and diversify the value of the vital services they provide.”
Protection Officer Code of Ethics
- Respond to an employer’s professional needs (to protect people and assets OR safeguard lives and property)
- Exhibit exemplary conduct (on and off duty)
- Protect confidential (and proprietary) information
- Maintain a safe and secure workplace
- Dress to create professionalism (Be professional in dress and demeanor)
- Enforce all lawful rules and regulations
- Encourage liaison (Liaise or Establish a working relationship) with public officers
- Develop and exhibit stewardship and serve as a mentor within the profession.
- Strive to attain professional competence and to improve professional knowledge.
- Encourage (Foster) high standards of officer ethics