Several advisory board members of the International Foundation for Protection Officers (IFPO) were named as global influencers in security following the recent release of the International Fire and Security Exhibition and Conference's (IFSEC) annual list.
The advisory boards of IFPO -- whether in the United States, the United Kingdom and Ireland or the Latin countries -- are comprised of senior security professionals within the security industry and many of them hold leadership roles with other bodies. The IFPO selects them based on their commitment to the education and career development of frontline security personnel.
Congratulations to those who were named on IFSEC's list and a big thank-you to all who make IFPO what it is today!
1) IFPO Global Advisory Board Member Bonnie Michelman, Executive Director of Police, Security & Outside Services, Massachusetts General Hospital
Association Figures/Academics/Thought Leaders
8) IFPO Global Advisory Board - Regional Director Kevin E. Palacios, Certifications Committee Chair, International Foundation for Protection Officers
15) IFPO UK & Ireland Advisory Board Member Les Allan, Chair, Association of University Chief Security Officers | Director of Safeguarding Services, Heriot-Watt University
16) IFPO Global Advisory Board - Regional Director/UK Director Mike Hurst, Director, International Foundation for Protection Officers UK & Ireland
25) IFPO UK & Ireland Advisory Board Member Paul Kellett, Chief Officer, Irish Prison Service
2) IFPO UK & Ireland Advisory Board Member Darren Chalmers-Stevens, Group Chief Operating Officer & Managing Director EMEA/APAC, CriticalArc
In addition, there were those in various categories who took the time to mention they had earned an IFPO certification:
15) Buduka Addey Johnson, Managing Director, EPSS Private Security Services, IFPO Certified Protection Officer.
3) Hari Pratap Singh, Corporate Security Manager, Hindustan Zinc, IFPO Certified in Security Supervision and Management.
The International Foundation for Protection Officers (IFPO) is dedicated to providing meaningful and cost effective security training for security guards and protection officers.
We believe that education is a necessary and essential part of professional security training and the security officer’s background. IFPO serves individuals, security companies, and organizations that have their own private security staff. Our students and members benefit from the recognition and standing that the prestigious IFPO certification conveys.
International Foundation for Protection Officers Mission Statement
Mission Statement Part I.
The International Foundation for Protection Officers provides professional learning opportunities for security practitioners, to impart the knowledge, skills, and competencies required to maximize job performance and enhance career potential.
Purpose: to make a positive difference in the quality of the participant’s job performance and elevate the professional status of students who partake of our learning opportunities.
Business: to supply committed security practitioners with a quality education to help achieve their highest potential and provide recognized accreditation for successful completion of educational goals.
Values: commitment, integrity, responsibility, and standards of excellence, provide the platform that supports our journey as we pursue our mission.
Commitment to Excellence: To be the recognized center of excellence and primary provider of education and training products and services to the security industry.
Mission Statement Part II.
“The International Foundation for Protection Officers is committed to the support and professional development of protection officers and supervisors. Through advocacy, promoting training standards, and providing accessible training, education and certification opportunities, we seek to enhance their professional standing as well as increase and diversify the value of the vital services they provide.”